Common Eye Diseases Caused In Man
Diseases are very common to all. Not only humans are affected by diseases, but animals are also affected. Thus we should take proper care of our bodies so that the chance of causing diseases is reduced.
We are not only affected by common diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart diseases, common cold, and many more. But our eyes are also affected by several diseases. We often ignore the problem of our eyesight and just continue to live our lives in the usual manner. But eye problems may cause severe after-effects and people will suffer from these problems in the future. Lack of food and proper nutrients, workouts can lead to poor eyesight causing several diseases.
Doctors prescribe glasses to those who face problems with their vision. Due to our advanced technology and facilities, people can order prescription glasses online and get the glasses within 24 hours. That is an amazing facility which the brands provide through online sites.
Several diseases can disrupt our eyesight. Some of the common eye diseases are-
- Refractive error- This is the most common problem seen in a person in the case of eyesight. Refractive errors include problems like myopia(near-sightedness), hyperopia(far-sightedness), astigmatism(problem with both), and presbyopia(having problems in seeing close things, reading small prints, and newspapers). Presbyopia is an age-related problem that usually occurs between the age of 40 and 50 years mainly. This can be cured through eyeglasses, contact lenses, and surgeries in some cases.
- Macular degeneration- Macular degeneration is often known as Age-related Macular Degeneration(AMD) is a problem that we often face while driving and reading. It is an age-related problem where age damages the sharp and central vision. It affects the macula, the central part of the retina which allows us to see the fine details. There are two forms- wet and dry.
- Cataracts- Previously, cataract was a problem that used to happen with aged people. But now this is a very common problem with all ages. Even cataracts are sometimes present by birth. Removal of cataracts and surgeries are also available widely and many insurances and policies are also applicable throughout the world.
- Diabetic Retinopathy- This is a very common problem with adults especially having diabetes. This can lead to blindness of the adult in the future. It is characterized by damage to the blood vessels in the retina, a light-sensitive tissue responsible for good vision. It happens in both eyes. The risk of DR is reduced with the control of blood sugar levels, blood pressure, and lipid profiles.
- Glaucoma– It is a group of diseases that results in the loss of vision or complete blindness with time. It occurs when the normal fluid in the eyes rises slowly. Glaucoma can also happen in normal eye pressure. Right time treatment can protect the eyes against vision loss.
- Lazy eye- The common name for Amblyopia, common vision damage caused among children. It occurs when one eye fails to respond properly and so does the brain. They both are unable to function properly together. There are no abnormalities found when looking but it damages the eyes slowly and steadily. If this is not treated at the right time, it may persist till adulthood and can cause visual impairment of one eye.
These are some of the common eye problems caused by man. When the doctor prescribes glasses, we often get confused while buying glasses. There are several frames with a prescription for men and women: cat eyeglasses, clear glasses, round glasses, tortoiseshell, retro glasses, aviator prescription glasses, and many more. We can get these glasses online and offline but buying glasses online gives us more choices of frames and glasses and also we get more facilities.
We should take care of our eyes and should try to reduce the chances of these diseases affecting our eyes.